- 3 cups of wheat
- 1/2 a cup of rice
- 1/2 a cup of chickpeas
- 1/2 a cup of grapes
- 5-6 figs and 5-6 apricots
- 2-3 slices of orange peels
- 6 cups of sugar
- 1/3 cups of rose water
- 1 cup of walnuts or hazelnuts
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Wash wheat, rice, chickpeas and beans. Soak the wheat and rice in a pot overnight, and soak the chickpeas and beans in a second pot overnight.
- Dice orange peels and add into the rice and wheat with 10 cups of water. Boil on low heat until the wheat is soft. Boil the chickpeas and beans together in a seperate pot.
- Add the chickpeas and beans with their stock to the wheat and rice pot and boil everything together for a while.
- Add in sugar and continue cooking. Then add in washed grapes and chopped apricots.
- Add in diced figs, stir, and lower the heat. Let cook for 10 minutes and then remove from heat. Add in rose water, cover and let sit for half an hour.
- Pour into serving bowls while still warm. Let cool, and then sprinkle crushed walnuts or hazelnuts and cinnamon on top.